Breathe in magic

Lately every person I talk to says they feel that "something is coming." We're all on the precipice of a new way of life, a new journey, a different path. While no one seems to be heading in the same direction, we're all feeling it. Maybe it's cosmic, or destiny, the stars or the Matrix glitching; all around change is coming.

Some people are reacting with fear. Holding on to outdated ideas of who they are because it's safe and familiar. Some are running toward the future so fast they're not processing their present. The fireworks of possibility are there for everyone. In our chest and our tears and the dust in the air. We're breathing in magic.

It's even happening for people like me, who literally have no idea what they're going to be doing in the next five years. Who have no tangible goals. No lists that need to be checked off. (Fun fact, I sat down to write a list of things to do and most of the stuff I could see on other people's lists I'd already done.)

Over the last few months, the anticipation has been building within me and, like any good control freak, I've tried to focus the potential into something I could believe in. Something I could look forward to and be happy living. Over and over, I've tried to gain the upper hand on this untamed thing resting in between the Here and There like I've any power at all. Like any good energy, it twists out of my grasp and refuses to be manipulated, hurried, or dictated to. I've studied all the things - signs, dreams, cards, my palm, the tea leaves left behind - and all I can gather is this: Let go. Stop Looking. Stop trying.

I can't choose what will come of me in the future. While focusing on a career or a passion or a life plan works for some people, the more I try, the harder it gets. I can't "be: because I already "am."

It's a sliver of distinction I'm only beginning to understand. When a snake sheds its skin, it doesn't hurt. So why am I banging myself against the rocks trying to hurry something that is going to happen anyway?

Comments

Popular Posts